commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <heg...@med.uni-marburg.de>
Subject Re: CompositeConfiguration.subset() for hierarchical configurations
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2005 09:48:29 GMT
Unfortunately this is not possible at the moment, at least I see no easy
way to extract hierarchical subsets. The default implementation of
subset() in AbstractConfiguration always returns an instance of
SubsetConfiguration, which is not hierarchical.

There are some plans for the future to simplify usage of
ConfigurationFactory and CompositeConfiguration in this area, but this
won't help you now.

In ConfigurationFactory there is some code that combines configurations
for constructing a union configuration. Maybe this is something you can
use for your purposes.

Hope that helps at least a little
Oliver

Chan, Joseph wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I have a CompositeConfiguration containing multiple Hierarchical
> configurations.   When I call CompositeConfiguration.subset(), the
> SubsetConfiguration returned is non hierarchical.   Is there any way to
> extract a merged hierarchical configuration from the
> CompositeConfiguration?    The reason I require the hierarchical info is
> that I'm using a HierarchicalConfigurationXMLReader along with the
> Castor Unmarshall class to instantiate a bean.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Joseph
>

> www.about.sensis.com.au
> A leading Australian advertising, information and directories business.
> www.sensis.com.au
> www.yellowpages.com.au
> www.whitepages.com.au
> www.citysearch.com.au
> www.whereis.com.au
> www.telstra.com.au
> www.tradingpost.com.au
> This email and any attachments are intended only for the use of the recipient and may
be confidential and/or legally privileged.
> Sensis Pty Ltd disclaims liability for any errors, omissions, viruses, loss and/or damage
arising from using, opening or transmitting this email.
> If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, interfere with, disclose, copy
or retain this email and you should notify the sender immediately by return email or by contacting
Sensis Pty Ltd by telephone on [+61 3 8653 5000]

--
Dipl.-Inform. Oliver Heger
Zentrale Informationsverarbeitung (ZIV) / Bereich Anwenderverfahren