commons-user mailing list archives

From "Scott Purcell" <spurc...@vertisinc.com>
Subject PoolingDriver, PoolingDataSource
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2005 13:52:43 GMT
In my quest to try and get an understanding of the DBCP package, I ended reading this document
last evening:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbcp/apidocs/org/apache/commons/dbcp/package-summary.html#package_description
(it is the package-description with a Q&A).

I am trying to understand what a PoolingDriver and a PoolingDataSource are? I can see examples
of how to use it, but what do these actually do? I hate to be inquisitive, but it would help
my understanding of this package. I am also looking at the Jakarta ObjectRelationalBridge,
but I think it is too advanced for my needs today. Is that kind of technology also implemented
within the DBCP package?

Thanks,
Scott