commons-user mailing list archives

From "Fogleson, Allen" <allen.fogle...@daugherty.com>
Subject RE: [HTTP CLIENT] Getting Started
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2005 21:46:23 GMT
Are you sure the site is using BasicAuthentication (vs digest or
FormBased)?

Al

-----Original Message-----
From: Luke Shannon [mailto:lshannon@futurebrand.com]
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2005 4:46 PM
To: commons-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: [HTTP CLIENT] Getting Started

Hi;

I need to create a test program to log into a secure site and post to a
servlet. I have been playing with the  BasicAuthenticationExample on:

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta/commons/proper/httpclient/bran
ches/HTTPCLIENT_2_0_BRANCH/src/examples/BasicAuthenticationExample.java?
view=markup

However, I'm not having any luck. When I try and post to the servlet I
get
the page the server returns when someone is not logged in.

Basically I need log into a site, submit a URL and process the response.
Can
someone point me to a tutorial or article that could get me started?

Thanks,

Luke