commons-user mailing list archives

From Soaring Eagle <comfortable.n...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configuration - Reload Strategy in j2ee containers
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2005 14:19:19 GMT
Hello all,

In an app we are doing, we use commons config to load properties and
use a threaded class to do the reload every few seconds. this is then
packaged as a part of a j2ee application. When application code is
referenced for the first time, a thread is started and this thread
checks for modifications at intervals. Though the J2EE spec does not
allow a developer to start threads, this seems to work well for me.

The other option would be create a java application class as the
configuration wrapper (containing a main method) and to start that
class as a "startup" class in the J2EE container.

Please share your views on this type of design.

Thanks
Eagle.