commons-user mailing list archives

From "Derek Lohnes" <derek.loh...@Q1Labs.com>
Subject RE: [JSVC] mkdir and copy files not working
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2005 18:42:40 GMT

So after further investigation I discovered that it is related to the
set_cap call in the jsvc-unix.c code.  If I change this to always set
the cap to CAPALL it works fine.  I haven't traced through it much but
my guess is that it is being set to CAP.  I would think if the user is
root then the application should have permissions to read and write at
any location.

Can someone also tell me who the committers to this project are?  I
submitted a patch some time ago but never received any indication as to
whether it would be accepted or rejected.  Is it possible to get commit
access?

Thanks
Derek

-----Original Message-----
From: Derek Lohnes [mailto:derek.lohnes@Q1Labs.com]
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2005 11:05 AM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: [JSVC] mkdir and copy files not working

I have a java java application that I'm launching with jsvc.  The
program is throwing exceptions if I try to 'mkdirs' directories or copy
files.  If the files I'm trying to copy to already exists then copy will
succeed if the file does not already exist then the copy fails
(Permission Denied).  I noticed that there was a bug entered already and
that is was fixed.  I'm actually building from cvs code and I'm still
having this problem.

I'm running the process as root....  I'm also getting failed to open
file for writing errors.

When I run this application without JSVC everything is fine.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Derek