commons-user mailing list archives

From Navid Mehregani <navi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Using parseRequest(request) more than once
Date Sat, 02 Apr 2005 20:00:45 GMT
I have a HttpServletRequest object that's multipart
content (i.e FileUpload.isMultipartContent(request) ==
true).

I have to read the parameters of this request object
in several different functions.

When I do the following in the first function:
DiskFileUpload upload = new DiskFileUpload();
List items = upload.parseRequest(request);

it works fine, but in subsequent functions, the
parameters from the request object are missing.  The
following returns zero:
DiskFileUpload upload = new DiskFileUpload();
List items = upload.parseRequest(request);
items.size() <-- This is zero.

It seems as if the upload.parseRequest(request)
changes the request object.  What is the general
work-around if someone wants to read the parameter of
a multipart request object more than once?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
 Navid Mehregani