commons-user mailing list archives

From "Frank W. Zammetti" <fzli...@omnytex.com>
Subject Re: [Digester] Unable to get validation working
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2005 13:25:50 GMT

That's what Wendy said too.  Makes sense (now) :)

> PUBLIC is definitely what you want for this sort of thing.  There's
> also conventional formats for the public identifier and system
> identifier if this DTD was going to be a public thing ... but it
> doesn't matter for application private things.

I need to go do a little reading on DOCTYPE because it doesn't seem to
have *quite* the meaning I thought it had.  Just different enough for
something like this to bite me basically :)

> Now that you got this working (sorry I didn't get a chance to respond
> earlier) ...

No problem.  Wendy was helpful in nudging me in the right direction.

> there actually is a way to access resources that are in
> WEB-INF but not in the classpath.  That's because ServletContext has
> getResource() and getResourceAsStream() methods just like Class does.
>
>     ServletContext context = ...;
>     URL cURL = context.getResource("/WEB-INF/myConfig.dtd");
>     digester.register("myConfig", cURL.toString());

Ironically, I do this in another application where I'm parsing an app
config file manually (written before I discovered Digester), and it looks
virtualy identical to what you have here :)  Although, I'm not sure in my
head I knew there was a difference between getResource called on Class vs.
called on ServletContext, but it seems obvious now there would be :)  Good
info in case.

Frank