commons-user mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mfncoo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PortletFileUpload] class compiling error
Date Sat, 02 Apr 2005 21:13:34 GMT
On Apr 2, 2005 12:39 PM, Pete Raleigh <pete.raleigh@lwwcm.com> wrote:
> I seem to found a problem with the FileUpload / HttpServlet reliance.
> Previously, before integrating the FileUpload code, I could recompile my
> code, copy it to the Portal Server, and upon detecting a change, the Portal
> Server would initialise a restart of the Portlet (without having to perform
> a manual shutdown / restart of the Portal Server).
>
> NOW, after integrating the FileUpload libraries when I copy the re-compiled
> code to the Portal Server, the Portlet fails to re-initialise. Resulting in
> manual intervention to shutdown / restart the server just to get it to work.

I understand that you're seeing this now that you've integrated
FileUpload, but what makes you think that it's FileUpload specifically
that is causing this problem? There's nothing about FileUpload
anywhere in the stack trace you posted, and I can't see how it would
make any difference to reloading. In addition, the problem appears to
be happening while processing a JSP page, where FileUpload wouldn't be
involved anyway.

--
Martin Cooper