commons-user mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <>
Subject Re: gpl software with commons components?
Date Sun, 24 Apr 2005 14:34:55 GMT
On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 09:18 +0200, Mattias J wrote:
> There is a whole bunch of other Open Source license alternatives:
> One very non-restrictive is the zlib/libpng License
> Though I have no idea how they relate to ASL. (What clauses makes ASL and
> GPL possibly "incompatible"?)

IIRC some people believe that the GPL implies an implicit patent grant.
ASL 2.0 contains a patent related clause. the free software foundation
believes that the different treatments of patents renders ASL2.0
incompatible with the GPL.

take a google or try slashdot if you want to hear the various

- robert

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message