commons-user mailing list archives

From "Misha Stankovic" <mis...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject Jexl if statement
Date Sun, 03 Apr 2005 06:34:56 GMT
Hi,

Could someone clarify for me please whether the jexl library supports if
statements.
It appears that theere is a placeholder for this statement in the language
syntax, but the statement does not seem to be implemented.
Whenever I tried creating expressions with the syntax

    if( expression ) statement;

I get an exception:

Invalid Expression: neither Reference nor Expression
at
org.apache.commons.jexl.ExpressionFactory.createNewExpression(ExpressionFact
ory.java:134)
at
org.apache.commons.jexl.ExpressionFactory.createExpression(ExpressionFactory
.java:94)
at test.JexlTest.testIfElse(JexlTest.java:53)
at junit.extensions.TestDecorator.basicRun(TestDecorator.java:22)
at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:19)
at junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(TestSetup.java:23)
at test.JexlTest.main(JexlTest.java:82)

Thanks
Misha