commons-user mailing list archives

From Lukas Bradley <lu...@somnia.com>
Subject Re: Runtime.exec() Utilities?
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2005 16:53:55 GMT
> ANT gives you a selection of well-tested tasks of all kinds, combinable
> and system-independent. Give it a try. HTH,

This looks like it might be perfect:

org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Execute
Execute(ExecuteStreamHandler streamHandler, ExecuteWatchdog watchdog)

However, I don't see a stream handler that can batch input and output.
In other words, I have a list of commands I want to send, and I just
want all the output retrieved.   I was hoping one might be available, so
I don't have to write my own in/out/err stream handlers.

Do you know of any?

I'm going to post a similar question to the ANT list.  I will repost the
answer back here if a solution is received.