commons-user mailing list archives

From "depub2" <dep...@mxsi.com>
Subject Re: regular expressions in XSLT string operations
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2005 23:13:32 GMT
Apologies in advance for my brevity: I did not ask for a workaround - I know
workarounds exist.

I ASKED: Is there a PLAN for commons/jx-path to support at least some of
the XPATH 2.0 features such as regex (fn:matches, fn:replaces, fn:tokenize)
and other really helpful string operations?

IS THERE A PLAN?
IS THERE A ROUGH DATE OF COMPLETION?

This planning information will help me determine if I should put a
work-around in place.

Thank You,

David

Hi David,

  I'm just a JXPath user.  Maybe you could implement fn:replaces,
fn:matches and fn:tokenize as custom functions in JXPath.
Check out
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/jxpath/users-guide.html#Custom%20Extension
%20Functions

  Cheers,

Adrian P.J.

depub2 wrote:

>fn:replaces provides for regular expression based string match/substitution
>within xslt. Is there a plan for commons/jx-path to support at least some
of
>the XPATH 2.0 features such as regex (fn:matches, fn:replaces, fn:tokenize)
>and other really helpful string operations? I am using cocoon and could
>*really* use these string functions!
>
>David

Best Regards,

David E. Epperly