commons-user mailing list archives

From "Mike Miller" <>
Subject [Chain] Trying to use ChainListener
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 21:16:55 GMT
Hi, I am just starting with the Commons Chain package and am trying to
use the ChainListener to load my small test catalog.  The listener fires
but does not put anything in the catalog.  I know if finds my resource
file, but the catalog is empty coming out of ChainListener.  Below is a
copy of my catalog.xml and web.xml.  Can someone please tell me what I
am missing?
Here's the snippet of code trying to execute the chain (alot this was
copied from the Chains cookbook doc)
 ServletContext servletContext =
 Catalog catalog = (Catalog) servletContext.getAttribute("catalog");
 Command command = catalog.getCommand(name);
 boolean stop = command.execute(context);

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<catalog name="catalog">
   <chain name="login">
      <command name="Authentication"
      <command name="ShowHome"
      <command name="Mike"
<!DOCTYPE web-app
 <!-- Commons Chain listener to load catalogs  -->

Mike Miller
JDA Software Group, Inc.
7501 Ester's Blvd, Suite 100
Irving, Texas 75063