commons-user mailing list archives

From "Modha Kumar" <>
Subject Adding multiple references in web.xml
Date Sun, 27 Mar 2005 12:40:07 GMT
Hi All
Tomcat 5.0.28

I have configured and accesed databse connection though DBCP when I
connected to a single instance. Now I have to connect to 2 instances in my
oracle Database and so I added 2 entries in server.xml (with user/pass/url
etc) and 2 entries in web.xml

I am getting this error when I start tomcat can someone please tell what the
problem is (or point me to a document

SEVERE: Parse error in application web.xml
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: XML document structures must start and end
the same entity.

Here is my web.xml. (Please note: I could access jndi resource fine when I
had just 1 resource-ref element. Now I want to access two database instance
so I added an entry in server.xml and an entry in web.xml I am getting this

<web-app xmlns=""

<description>RS Datasource</description>

<description>RS Datasource</description>

Make money with Zero Investment. Start your

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message