commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Zeigermann <oliver.zeigerm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [transaction] XA File transaction support
Date Sun, 20 Mar 2005 22:21:32 GMT
There is no such code right now, I guess, but the Jakarta Slide
implements the XA interfaces for the file store in a specific way. If
you would want to contribute something more general it would certainly
be well accepted.

Oliver

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 09:17:35 +1100, Mason, Ross <ross.mason@vignette.com> wrote:
> In the same way that you have XA support for VM transactions you could do something similar
for File-based transactions.  These transactions could then be managed by a Jca container
or programmatically.

> Ross

for managing file and vm transactions. I wanted to know if you have any plans for supporting
XA transactions for files? Our usage scenario almost always combines file reading/writing
with reading/writing of other sources such as jdbc and Jms.  Having File IO included in an
XA transaction would be really useful for us and probably other people as well.