commons-user mailing list archives

From "Bridges, Ed NYC" <EBrid...@citco.com>
Subject RE: DBCP: ClassCastException -- (OraclePreparedStatement)
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 20:59:22 GMT
getInnermostDelegate()

-----Original Message-----
From: Qin Ding [mailto:qding@csc.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2005 3:55 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: RE: DBCP: ClassCastException -- (OraclePreparedStatement)

Ed:  Thank you for your help.

DelegatingStatement has two methods:
getDelegate();
getInnermostDelegate();

Both return Statement.  Which one should I use?

Qin

------------

delivery. NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not operate to bind
CSC to any order or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written
for such purpose.
------------

                      "Bridges, Ed

                      NYC" <EBridges           To:      "'Jakarta Commons
Users List'"
                      @citco.com>
<commons-user@jakarta.apache.org>
                                               cc:

                      03/17/05 01:34           Subject: RE: DBCP:
ClassCastException --
                      PM                       (OraclePreparedStatement)

                      Please respond

                      to "Jakarta

                      Commons Users

                      List"

You need to get the underlying statement.

I.e. cast it to org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingStatement
And then call the "getUnderlyingStatement()" method (it may be named
something similar/different).

HTH
--e--