commons-user mailing list archives

From "Bridges, Ed NYC" <EBrid...@citco.com>
Subject RE: DBCP: ClassCastException -- (OraclePreparedStatement)
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 19:34:59 GMT
You need to get the underlying statement.

I.e. cast it to org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingStatement
And then call the "getUnderlyingStatement()" method (it may be named
something similar/different).

HTH
--e--

-----Original Message-----
From: Qin Ding [mailto:qding@csc.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2005 2:09 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: DBCP: ClassCastException -- (OraclePreparedStatement)

I am using common-dbcp-1.2.1; classes12.jar from Oracle download two day
ago. The database is Oracle 9.2.

One column in a table is defined as the type of NVARCHAR2(300).

The following first line raised ClassCastException:

OraclePreparedStatement pstmt = (OraclePreparedStatement)
con.prepareStatement(query); pstmt.setFormOfUse(2, Const.NCHAR);

Can someone help me with this problem?  Thank you.

Qin

delivery. NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not operate to bind
CSC to any order or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written
for such purpose.