commons-user mailing list archives

From "Trenton D. Adams" <tre...@athabascau.ca>
Subject Re: failed to find abandoned connection
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2005 22:37:59 GMT
Ok, I'm a total moron.  I was using
Boolean.getBoolean(dbProperties.getString("removeAbandoned")) instead of
Boolean.valueOf(
         dbProperties.getString("removeAbandoned")).booleanValue()

I remember doing that code.  And I was thinking to myself, "I don't
remember the Boolean object ever having a static method that would
return a primitive type of boolean, that's really odd.  Well, I guess if
it's there, I might as well use it."

As I'm sure many of you know, most of the primitive data type wrappers,
such as Integer and Double have a static parse function, which directly
returns the primitive data type you want, and Boolean does not.

So, the first line of code above was actually returning the system
property, not the property from the file.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! ROFL

--
Trenton D. Adams
Web Programmer Analyst