commons-user mailing list archives

From "Trenton D. Adams" <tre...@athabascau.ca>
Subject Re: commons logging class level logging
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2005 17:51:38 GMT
Ok, is there a way of my wrapper class starting up, and automatically
detecting all the classes available in every package I specify, and then
setting up loggers for each one?  I mean an easy way.  I could just
search through all the files, and convert them to class names without
the '/' or '\'.

If I could do that, then each class could call "log (message, classname)".

Either that, or I could just have the wrapper class setup a static
hashtable of loggers.  When a new log request comes in, I can check the
classname that's passed into the log method, and use it as lookup into
the hashtable of loggers.  If it's not there, make it and add it.

What do you guys think?

Also, again I ask, how does commons logging handle this, considering it
is a wrapper around logging implementations?

--
Trenton D. Adams
Web Programmer Analyst

__