commons-user mailing list archives

From Vinicius Caldeira Carvalho <vinicius.carva...@squadra.com.br>
Subject Chain: too damn buggy to be out of sandbox
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2005 17:01:00 GMT
Well, I don't know why in the heck did jakarta put chain as a main
commons project. The "thing" is too damn buggy. I think it's like
esperanto a good idea not very well implemented. The first bug I found
was the name of the catalog.
Now, read this, cuz this is cool.
Only commands that return false are executed. If I return true on a
command inside a chain. I get a null pointer exception from a filter
inside my conteiner. I guess someone forgot to do a doChain() in a
servlet filter somewhere.

I'm most disapointed with commons chains, since I really cried out here
to be used as a solution for our problems, now I have an even bigger
problem on my hands.

Did not find the solution for this yet. As soon as I find one I'll post it.

Regards

Vinicius