commons-user mailing list archives

From "rinke hoekstra" <rin...@home.nl>
Subject Re: [commons-collections]: how to do reverse iteration in TreeBidiMap
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2005 12:59:13 GMT
On 30 Mar 2005 at 14:25, José Antonio Pérez Testa wrote:

> Maybe I am confused, but the inverseMap is not ordered in inverse order??
> In that case greatest value is first ant lowest is last.

No, that is not the case (sorry for not explaining clear enough).

The inverse map is switching keys and values.

So when the original map has ("1", "one"), the inversed map has ("one", "1").

I'm getting the reversed map because I want to order on values. But I also want the
greatest value first, in stead of last.

Rinke

> rinke hoekstra wrote:
>
> >Hi list,
> >
> >maybe a stupid question, or maybe I am missing something, but I cannot sort out how
> >do a reverse iteration over the values of a TreeBidiMap, and couldn't find much about
it
> >on the web.
> >I want to retrieve the 10 greatest values from a HashMap, and thought it best to
use a
> >TreeBidiMap for it.
> >
> >I have this:
> >
> >TreeBidiMap bidiMap = new TreeBidiMap(myHashMap);
> >OrderedBidiMap invMap = bidiMap.inverseOrderedBidiMap(); //creates inversed map
> >OrderedMapIterator oit = invMap.orderedMapIterator();
> >while (oit.hasPrevious()) {
> >      Float value = (Float)oit.previous();
> >}
> >

> >The iterator however seems to be initialized at the first element, so hasPrevious()
is