commons-user mailing list archives

From Emmanouil Batsis <Emmanouil.Bat...@eurodyn.com>
Subject [Configuration] thread safety and performance in enterprize apps
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2005 09:44:57 GMT

Hi all,

I was wondering if the list members can help me pin down best practices
regarding use of Configuration in J2EE apps:

* For read-only XML configurations, how does performance differ between:
       - sharing the same instance (via in the application context or
JNDI) globally (which classes are better for that?)
       - use one instance per thread/request (threadlocal)
       - instantiate configuration objects "locally"

* How does the above work for read-write configurations?

I'd happily compose a document based on given input (even xdoc, as i
need to learn that too ;-).

Many thanks,

Manos