commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Configuration: Please whatz wrong with my config file
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2005 17:29:34 GMT
Here I can't see anything wrong either. Which version of configuration
do you use?

I supose you use the latest official released version, which is 1.0. If
this is the case, the <xml> tag in your config.xml is not capable to
deal with hierarchic XML structures. In this version you need to use the
<hierarchicalXml> tag instead.

In the new version (which has not yet been released, but will hopefully
very soon) we changed this, so that there is only the <xml> tag left,
and this tag is able to process all kinds of XML documents. So you could
also try to download one of the latest nightly builds and update to this
version. Then everything should work as expected. (The latest nightly
builds should be very close or almost identical to the comming 1.1
release version).

HTH
Oliver

Oteniya Olumide wrote:

>Dear Oliver,
>
>Here is how I loaded it
>
>     ConfigurationFactory factory = new ConfigurationFactory();
>      URL configURL = new File("e:\\java\\soap\\src\\config.xml").toURL();
>      factory.setConfigurationFileName(configURL.toString());
>      Configuration config = factory.getConfiguration();
>
>My config.xml file is
>
><?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
><configuration>
>  <xml className="org.apache.commons.configuration.XMLConfiguration"
>fileName="e:\java\soap\src\BenefitApplicationForm.xml"/>
></configuration>
>

>Thanks
>Gab

[snip]