commons-user mailing list archives

From "Trenton D. Adams" <tre...@athabascau.ca>
Subject failed to find abandoned connection
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2005 22:48:06 GMT
dbcp was unable to find our abandoned connections.  The pool slowly
creeped up to the limit, and then just started failing, instead of
cleaning up the connections.  I do know that my settings work, because I
made some of our code not release connections back to the pool, and it
detected them.  So, why it couldn't find the ones we have in production,
I don't know.

What makes a connection look like it's been abandoned to the dbcp code?

Any ideas?  I'm getting an exception like this...

Mar 22 14:53:19 MST 2005: Error: attempting to get a free connection.
org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot get a connection,
pool exhausted
         at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDriver.connect(PoolingDriver.java:183)
         at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:512)
         at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:193)
         at ca.montage.banner.db.DBCPPool.getConnection(DBCPPool.java:163)
         at
ca.montage.banner.db.DBConnectionManager.getConnection(DBConnectionManager.java:204)
         at
ca.montage.banner.server.RemoteCatalog.getSubjectList(RemoteCatalog.java:39)
         at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor89.invoke(Unknown Source)
         at
         at
sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:261)
         at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:144)
         at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:460)
         at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:701)
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
Caused by: java.util.NoSuchElementException
         at
org.apache.commons.pool.impl.GenericObjectPool.borrowObject(GenericObjectPool.java:744)
         at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.AbandonedObjectPool.borrowObject(AbandonedObjectPool.java:74)
         at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDriver.connect(PoolingDriver.java:175)
         ... 15 more

--
Trenton D. Adams
Web Programmer Analyst