commons-user mailing list archives

From "Christoph Gaffga (triplemind.com)" <cgaf...@triplemind.com>
Subject Re: [Betwixt] Beans containing XML
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2005 14:23:11 GMT
hi,

I'm also looking for a solution to output properties that implement
org.w3c.dom.Node as XML via betwixt. For example if we have a
Article-bean having properties such as headline, author etc. and one
property xhtmlContent of type Node, we would like to output this
property with the structure that is decribed by the DOM node.

I was looking around a bit, but not sure where to extend betwixt for
such behaviour.

my test code looks like:

     public void testXmlElementOutput() {
         try {
             Attributes atts = new AttributesImpl();
             SAX2DOM handler = new SAX2DOM();
             handler.startDocument();
             handler.startElement("", "test", "test", atts);
             handler.startElement("", "test2", "test2", atts);
             handler.endElement("", "test2", "test2");
             handler.endElement("", "test", "test");
             handler.endDocument();
             Node document = handler.getDOM();
             Node node = document.getFirstChild();
             System.out.println("Node: " + node.getLocalName());
             betwixt(node);
         } catch (Exception e) {
             e.printStackTrace();
             fail(e.getMessage());
         }
     }

so I would expect some output like:
<test>
   <test2/>
<test>

Perheaps anybody can give me some hint on how to implement this in
betwixt. I'm not sure wether I should do this in the introspector or
better simply check in writeBean-method if the Node interface is
implemented by this bean and then output the DOM tree. Seems a little
bit to straight forward for me, it's not pluggable and not extendable.

Any Ideas?

regards,
Christoph
cgaffga@triplemind.com