commons-user mailing list archives

From Dylan Stamat <dyl...@gmail.com>
Subject [httpclient] Non-Encoded POST Request
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2005 01:06:20 GMT
Hello !

I'm working with a company who can't accept encoded POST's, which is
non-W3C standard, but I have to make due with this.

I've tried sub-classing the PostMethod class, and overriding the
generateRequestEntity() method with no luck.  Even when using
different Content-Type's, no luck.  Here is my implementation of the
generateRequestEntity() method (part of):

==========================
                String content =
                    EncodingUtil.formUrlEncode(getParameters(),
                            StringPart.DEFAULT_CHARSET);
                ByteArrayRequestEntity entity =
                    new ByteArrayRequestEntity(
                            EncodingUtil.getAsciiBytes(content),
                            "text/plain");

Anybody have any ideas ?
Are non-encoded POST requests even supported !?

Thanks !
==
Dylan