commons-user mailing list archives

From Dylan Stamat <>
Subject Re: Commons HttpClient: HttpClient#setConnectionTimeout
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2005 00:23:41 GMT
Here's a new one for all of you :)

I've got a PostMethod object, and I'm calling setRequestBody() with an
array of NameValuePair objects... ie:

PostMethod post = new PostMethod(url);

This is all fine and dandy, however, the host I'm posting this to is
unable to parse encoded data.
The NameValuePair's are encoded by default... but, I'm unable to find
a way to ensure they AREN'T encoded.

I checked out URIUtil, and it has a decode() method... but the process
would then be a lot less straightforward if I had to break up the URL
and piece-meal it back together.

Any ideas ?