commons-user mailing list archives

From Scott Stevens <mmpde...@yahoo.com>
Subject Managing password updates in Commons-DBCP
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2005 12:30:10 GMT
Hello Commons-Users,

The issue we are having is that we are implementing a policy forcing database account password
changes every 90 days.

Our DataSource implementation class uses the SharedPoolDataSource (from commons-dbcp) in managing
its PooledConnections. Unfortunately, it appears that SharedPoolDataSource maps the user/password
info using the user name. If the user's password changes and the old user/password info is
already in the Map, a test in the SharedPoolDataSource prevents client apps from getting a
connection on the user.  Also the Map object is private to SharedPoolDataSource, and simply
implementing our own version of SharedPoolDataSource will not work, since there's a ton of
package level classes being used.

Can anyone provide a straight-forward method to replacing the expired username/password mapping
such that a SharedPoolDataSource may recognize/replace the new account password?

Thank you for any suggestions.

Scott Stevens