commons-user mailing list archives

From Christopher Bare <christopherb...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Bean Utils
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2005 07:26:26 GMT
That is NOT a silly question. People have been banging thier heads
against this one for a while and haven't gotten to a generally agreed
upon answer yet.

Having said that, some popular choices are: JDBC, JDO, EJB, Hibernate,
iBatis. Hibernate is currently the hot item, but opinions vary to say
the least. The general problem is known as object-relational mapping.

This topic is way outside the scope of this list, but there's lots of
infomation around. Don't expect any of the existing solutions to be
perfect. Each has its own drawbacks and learning curve.

Good luck...