commons-user mailing list archives

From t..@nitwit.de
Subject Re: [chain] fixed, one-way chains, only?
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2005 18:50:25 GMT
On Monday 14 March 2005 06:02, Craig McClanahan wrote:
> Commons Chain isn't about parsing documents, it is about executing
> commands.  If you are after converting your XML document into some

It a pattern. It about what I want to use it for.

> sort of data structure, you probably want to look at Commons Digester
> instead.

No, I'm not after parsing XML I'm about parsing a file format that has some
kind of a tree structure and which a chain would perfectly match - if I had
the possibility to buidl the chain in a tree structure as well. I also think
that this would be a smart extension of the pattern.