commons-user mailing list archives

From "Jim Babcock" <jim...@usa.com>
Subject Daemon/JSVC cannot find libjvm.so issue on FreeBSD
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2005 16:59:55 GMT
hello,

I've compiled JSVC on my FreeBSD box to run tomcat as a daemon. Tomcat is running well when
started manually, but I'm stuck trying to get it to run as a daemon.

I'm getting the following issue:

Unable to load native library: Shared object "libjvm.so" not found

when trying to run:

`/usr/local/tomcat/bin/jsvc  -jvm /usr/local/jdk1.4.2/jre/lib/i386/client -user
appadmin -cp /usr/local/tomcat/bin/bootstrap.jar  -outfile /usr/local/tomcat/log
s/catalina.out -errfile /usr/local/tomcat/logs/catalina.err -pidfile /usr/local/
tomcat/logs/CATALINA_PID -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Djava.endorsed.dirs=/u
sr/local/tomcat/common/endorsed -Dcatalina.home=/usr/local/tomcat -Djava.io.tmpd
ir=/usr/local/tomcat/work org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap start`

I get the same thing when I run it from a perl script or type it in on te command line.

Thanks,

Jimbus