commons-user mailing list archives

From "Jim Babcock" <>
Subject Daemon/JSVC cannot find issue on FreeBSD
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2005 16:59:55 GMT

I've compiled JSVC on my FreeBSD box to run tomcat as a daemon. Tomcat is running well when
started manually, but I'm stuck trying to get it to run as a daemon.

I'm getting the following issue:

Unable to load native library: Shared object "" not found

when trying to run:

`/usr/local/tomcat/bin/jsvc  -jvm /usr/local/jdk1.4.2/jre/lib/i386/client -user
appadmin -cp /usr/local/tomcat/bin/bootstrap.jar  -outfile /usr/local/tomcat/log
s/catalina.out -errfile /usr/local/tomcat/logs/catalina.err -pidfile /usr/local/
tomcat/logs/CATALINA_PID -Djava.endorsed.dirs=/u
sr/local/tomcat/common/endorsed -Dcatalina.home=/usr/local/tomcat
ir=/usr/local/tomcat/work org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap start`

I get the same thing when I run it from a perl script or type it in on te command line.

Sign-up for Ads Free at

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message