commons-user mailing list archives

From Mike Starbuck <skij...@yahoo.com>
Subject DBCP connection pooling & close
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2005 23:05:24 GMT
Does DBCP allow for a pool of open connections?
Running some test programs I noticed the the pool of
active connections keeps growing unless I call
conn.close() in which case it goes into the idle pool.

What happens when conn.close() is called?  Is the
physical connection closed or only a logical
connection.

I am looking for a way to have a pool of open
connections (sockets) that I can access for
performance reasons.

green newbie,

--

The information contained in this email along with all attachments is confidential and is
not to be shared without my permission and prior knowledge of who will be viewing it's contents