commons-user mailing list archives

From "Mason, Ross" <ross.ma...@vignette.com>
Subject RE: [general] framework for writing servers?
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2005 02:43:06 GMT
Have you looked at Mule: http://www.muleumo.org

It provides a light-weight runtime environment. It supports lots of standard trnasport protocols
plus you can plug in your own transports and it will take care of threading and pooling.
For a quick overview have a look at the Echo example to get idea of have it works - http://mule.codehaus.org/Echo+Example.

Cheers,

Ross

	-----Original Message-----
	From: WHIRLYCOTT [mailto:phil@whirlycott.com]
	Sent: Tue 29/03/2005 3:19 AM
	To: commons-user@jakarta.apache.org
	Subject: [general] framework for writing servers?

	I'm working on a little project here that involves writing a client and
	server and a small custom protocol that will have some limited
	functionality.  I'm wondering if anybody knows of a framework or set of
	components that I can use to do this?  I'm looking to avoid having to
	recreate the all the networking plumbing code, pooling, etc.

	phil.

	--
	                                   Whirlycott
	                                   Philip Jacob