commons-user mailing list archives

From "Mason, Ross" <ross.ma...@vignette.com>
Subject RE: [transaction] XA File transaction support
Date Sun, 20 Mar 2005 22:30:11 GMT
So commons-transaction is refactored from Slide?
It seems if you have a XA file transactions in Slide a logical place for them could be in
commons-transaction, rather than duplicate effort. However, in the implementation is not portable
then our project can invstigate alternate solutions and possibly submit back any code we write
if it 'fits' commons-transaction.

Ross

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Oliver Zeigermann [mailto:oliver.zeigermann@gmail.com]
	Sent: Sun 20/03/2005 10:21 PM
	To: Jakarta Commons Users List
	Subject: Re: [transaction] XA File transaction support

	There is no such code right now, I guess, but the Jakarta Slide
	implements the XA interfaces for the file store in a specific way. If
	you would want to contribute something more general it would certainly
	be well accepted.

	Oliver

	On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 09:17:35 +1100, Mason, Ross <ross.mason@vignette.com> wrote:
	> In the same way that you have XA support for VM transactions you could do something
similar for File-based transactions.  These transactions could then be managed by a Jca container
or programmatically.

	> Ross

for managing file and vm transactions. I wanted to know if you have any plans for supporting
XA transactions for files? Our usage scenario almost always combines file reading/writing
with reading/writing of other sources such as jdbc and Jms.  Having File IO included in an
XA transaction would be really useful for us and probably other people as well.