commons-user mailing list archives

From "Mason, Ross" <ross.ma...@vignette.com>
Subject RE: [transaction] XA File transaction support
Date Sun, 20 Mar 2005 22:17:35 GMT
In the same way that you have XA support for VM transactions you could do something similar
for File-based transactions.  These transactions could then be managed by a Jca container
or programmatically.

Ross
-----Original Message-----
From: Oliver Zeigermann [mailto:oliver.zeigermann@gmail.com]
Sent: Sun 20/03/2005 9:51 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: [transaction] XA File transaction support

	Not quite sure what you are planning. Are you talking about a JCA
	connector for files?

	Oliver

	On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 10:12:50 +1100, Mason, Ross <ross.mason@vignette.com> wrote:
	> Hi,
	>
	> I have been looking at using commons-transaction for the Mule project (http://mule.codehaus.org)
for managing file and vm transactions. I wanted to know if you have any plans for supporting
XA transactions for files? Our usage scenario almost always combines file reading/writing
with reading/writing of other sources such as jdbc and Jms.  Having File IO included in an
XA transaction would be really useful for us and probably other people as well.