commons-user mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <>
Subject [beanutils] Re: Convert raw data to JavaBean using Reflection - BeanUtils
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2005 22:21:04 GMT
On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 12:35 +1100, Mike Young wrote:
> Hi I am looking for some direction on how to convert a raw data array into
> a Java bean / Value Object.
> I have a Java bean
> public class PickValueVO extends ValueObject implements{
>     private String col1 = null;
>     private String col2 = null;
>     private String col3 = null;
>    //getters & Setters
> }
> I have a raw data array as an object[]
>     Object[] data = (Object[]);
>         which might look like [row1_col2_data]
> and I have a String Array which contains the corresponding property names
> of the java bean that the raw data represents.
> String[] attrSubString
>         which might look like [col2]
>  I would like to copy the contents of the raw array ([row1_col2_data])into
> the Java bean and end up with the data in property COL2 using reflection.
> I think that the commons beanutils class will help me do this but am not
> sure how to go about it, any help would be greatly appreciated

I believe that you could put all your (propName, value) pairs into a Map
object then call
  BeanUtils.populate(destObject, srcMap);
or you could do
  for(int i=0; i<attrSubString.length; ++i) {
    BeanUtils.setProperty(destObject, attrSubString[i], data[i]);

BTW, when posting to commons-user, please put the name of the component
you are discussing in the subject line (as this reply does).

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message