commons-user mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: jsvc.exec error: syscall failed in set_caps
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2005 23:48:40 GMT
On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 20:57 +0000, Aamir Shafi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just downloaded daemons library, and trying to execute the samples on
> linux. While trying to run ServiceDaemon.sh, i get the following error,
>
> jsvc.exec error: syscall failed in set_caps
> jsvc.exec error: Service exit with a return value of 4
> jsvc.exec error: syscall failed in set_caps
> jsvc.exec error: Service exit with a return value of 4
> jsvc.exec error: syscall failed in set_caps
> jsvc.exec error: Service exit with a return value of 4
>
> I'd appreciate your help

Hmm.. looking at the code, it appears that a call is made into the
kernel to drop some linux "capabilities" and this is returning an error
code. This code appears unchanged since the original checkin in
september 2003.

What version of the linux kernel are you using ("uname -a")?

And did you compile the code yourself, or download some pre-built
binary? If you used a binary, I would suggest recompiling yourself.

Regards,

Simon