commons-user mailing list archives

From "Henry Voyer" <henry.vo...@gemplus.com>
Subject RE: [general] framework for writing servers?
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2005 19:01:06 GMT
Hi

You can use Avalon, HiveMind, Spring or any other IOC container.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mason, Ross [mailto:ross.mason@vignette.com]
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2005 9:43 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: RE: [general] framework for writing servers?

Have you looked at Mule: http://www.muleumo.org

It provides a light-weight runtime environment. It supports lots of standard
trnasport protocols plus you can plug in your own transports and it will
take care of threading and pooling.  For a quick overview have a look at the
Echo example to get idea of have it works -
http://mule.codehaus.org/Echo+Example.

Cheers,

Ross