commons-user mailing list archives

From Ahmed Mohombe <amoho...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VFS] test cases using embeded server - was Moving out the sandbox ?
Date Sat, 26 Feb 2005 16:40:36 GMT
> http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta/Using_20LGPL_27d_20code
>
> Maybe one day it'll get sorted out, but it seems that LGPL is a no-no
> for Apache projects for now.  I hope it's resolved RSN.
Sorry, but I thing this is all .... :).
We are programmers, not lawyers, and lawyers have nothing to search
here. I consider them to be the most subtle form of social parasitism. A
lot of politicians are lawyers too, so they just make their own lobby
and world.
All these "license agreements" have in Europe(Germany at least) no legal
value (even if some lawyers try to make something out of it).
It's just nonsense. IMHO there are only 2 possibilities(boolean): got
the source or not. Everything else is time wasting lawyer like nonsense.

Ahmed.

--
Life is too short to waste it with applesauce!