commons-user mailing list archives

From "Paul Jungwirth" <pajungwi...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [attributes] Compiling Apache-style attributes in Java 1.5 source files
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2005 22:05:16 GMT
Hello,

I found a fix to my apache-attributes-and-java-5 problem. The apache
attributes compiler users xjavadoc to read the source files. People have
been clamoring for XDoclet to support Java 5 for a long time, and someone
posted a patched xjavadoc.jar that reads (and ignores, I think) java 5
syntax like generics and enums. I dropped this into $ANT_HOME/lib and tried
building. I also had to replace ant's commons-logging jar with the 1.0.4
version. (I'm using ant 1.6.2, so I'm surprised it has an apparently older
jar.) After that, everything worked fine. The patched xjavadoc.jar is here:

http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/xdoclet/browse/XJD-41

Thanks again,

Paul