commons-user mailing list archives

From "Paul Jungwirth" <pajungwi...@hotmail.com>
Subject [attributes] Compiling Apache-style attributes in Java 1.5 source files
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2005 18:50:05 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to run the attributes compiler on Java 1.5 source files, and it
doesn't like the generics syntax. In theory, since I'm using Java 1.5, I
could use Java 1.5 attributes, but my purpose is to control Spring
transactions, and Spring only supports Apache attributes. Besides, Apache
attributes seem superior to Java 1.5 attributes, so I can imagine people
sticking with them. (Simiarly, I use Log4j instead of the JFC logging
interface.) Is there any way I can get commons-attributes to accept Java 1.5
source files? Is this just a matter of hacking/replacing xjavadoc.jar?

Thanks,

Paul