commons-user mailing list archives

From "Amon, Jennifer" <Jennifer.A...@moen.com>
Subject RE: [fileUpload] [httpClient] CF file upload to Tomcat - sample code?
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2005 13:54:55 GMT
Yes, how to post from CF to the Tomcat server is the first issue. I
think we'll have to use httpClient to post. We can't use a form with a
file field, because you can't dynamically set the file name.

Then, there will be a return of a file from the server as a result of
what the server does with the xml file. I don't know how to handle that,
either.

Thanks,
  Jennifer

Jennifer R. Amon              Phone: 440-962-2471
Lead Technical Consultant       FAX: 440-962-2663
Moen Incorporated             Email: jamon@moen.com
25300 Al Moen Drive        Personal: jenamon@comcast.net
North Olmsted, OH  44070   Web Site: http://home.comcast.net/~jenamon/
-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Reilly [mailto:timothyreilly@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2005 11:50 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: [fileUpload] CF file upload to Tomcat - sample code?

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 14:13:17 -0500, Amon, Jennifer wrote:

> We want a button click on a web page (ColdFusion/IIS/Win2K) to cause
an
> XML file to be generated and uploaded to a TomCat(unix) server, which
> will use the xml to generate a pdf file to be sent back to the client,
> where it will be saved in a temporary area on the web sever, and the
> user will get back a link to the pdf.
>
> We can generate the xml, but don't know how to do the next piece. The
> backend, on the TomCat server, is being written by a 3rd party, so I
> don't have to worry about that piece.

Hi Jennifer,
I'm not clear on what you mean by "next part" ... do you mean how to
post the xml from CF to the Tomcat server?

If so that's probably off-topic for commons-user list (but see cfhttp
tag http://livedocs.macromedia.com/coldfusion/6.1/htmldocs/tags-p58.htm)

Or are you asking about how to recieve the file on the Tomcat server?
Maybe this helps
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/fileupload/using.html or maybe this
article
http://www.theserverside.com/articles/content/HttpClient_FileUpload/arti
cle.html

HTH,
-TR

This message was scanned for viruses prior to entering the Moen network

and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination