commons-user mailing list archives

From Tim Reilly <timothyrei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [fileUpload] CF file upload to Tomcat - sample code?
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2005 04:49:39 GMT
On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 14:13:17 -0500, Amon, Jennifer wrote:

> We want a button click on a web page (ColdFusion/IIS/Win2K) to cause an
> XML file to be generated and uploaded to a TomCat(unix) server, which
> will use the xml to generate a pdf file to be sent back to the client,
> where it will be saved in a temporary area on the web sever, and the
> user will get back a link to the pdf.
>
> We can generate the xml, but don't know how to do the next piece. The
> backend, on the TomCat server, is being written by a 3rd party, so I
> don't have to worry about that piece.

Hi Jennifer,
I'm not clear on what you mean by "next part" ... do you mean how to
post the xml from CF to the Tomcat server?

If so that's probably off-topic for commons-user list (but see cfhttp
tag http://livedocs.macromedia.com/coldfusion/6.1/htmldocs/tags-p58.htm)

Or are you asking about how to recieve the file on the Tomcat server?
Maybe this helps
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/fileupload/using.html or maybe this
article http://www.theserverside.com/articles/content/HttpClient_FileUpload/article.html

HTH,