commons-user mailing list archives

From Tim Reilly <timothyrei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [id] Preparing for exit from sandbox and release (was: Re: Commons.Lang.util missing?)
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2005 06:38:26 GMT
On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:08:36 -0500, Phil Steitz wrote:
> Thanks, Tim.  Just the push we need ;-)
>
> To get id in releasable state, we need to bring the UUID API into line
> with JDK 1.5 (at least we were planning this before) and clean up the
> docs and tests a bit.  Any volunteers to help?
>
> Phil

Tim or Phil,

Can you define for me what you mean by inline with JDK 1.5? All
methods of 1.5 UUID are covered I thought (with one notable exception
below)? Is having additional constuctors, and method signatures the
issue?

[The exception mentioned above is in regards to this:
http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=5064537]