commons-user mailing list archives

From Brian Cook <bc...@printtime.com>
Subject [fileupload] Intermitantly getting 0k files
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2005 18:50:56 GMT
Hi,

I have been using the commons-fileupload-1.0-rc1 package for two years
and love it. Very nice app and a major time saver. I do have one issue
that I can not seem to get past. I sometimes get empty files uploaded.
It is able to extract the file name and create a file in the appropriate
directory, but the file is empty, i.e. zero k. No exceptions are thrown
when this happens.

It is infrequent I can not find anything that corallites to it. When it
happens I can go back to the same workstation a few minutes later and it
will work fine. It happens at lots of different client locations using
different ISPs and computers.

I have only seen it happen with IE so far, but that does not mean it
could not happen in other browsers. I don’t have any reason to believe
it is a bug in the commons-fileupload package. It seems more like an
environmental problem. I am wondering if any one else has seen this? Or
can provide any ideas as to what could cause this to happen. Any help or
ideas would be great.

Specifics.
OS: Red Hat.
Server: Apache > jk_mod > Tomcat 5.0