commons-user mailing list archives

From A Leg <hale_in...@yahoo.com>
Subject [httpclient] help for SSL connexion
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2005 15:49:41 GMT
Hi

I just try to use httpclient to get elements from an https site.

I firt made a very simple test.

I first try the example in troubleshouting chapter of page :
file:///home/rcs/Master/extern/java/jakarta/jakarta-commons/httpclient/target/docs/sslguide.html

I get it working good.

Then I just remplece the verisign address by the web site we have to
work with and I get the following error.

Any help welcome.

Andre

Exception in thread "main" javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: No trusted certificate found
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.BaseSSLSocketImpl.a(DashoA6275)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.a(DashoA6275)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.a(DashoA6275)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SunJSSE_az.a(DashoA6275)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SunJSSE_az.a(DashoA6275)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SunJSSE_ax.a(DashoA6275)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.a(DashoA6275)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.j(DashoA6275)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.a(DashoA6275)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.AppOutputStream.write(DashoA6275)
        at
sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder$CharsetSE.writeBytes(StreamEncoder.java:336)
        at
sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder$CharsetSE.implFlushBuffer(StreamEncoder.java:404)
        at
sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder$CharsetSE.implFlush(StreamEncoder.java:408)
        at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.flush(StreamEncoder.java:152)
        at java.io.OutputStreamWriter.flush(OutputStreamWriter.java:213)
        at Test.main(Test.java:28)
Caused by: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: No trusted
certificate found
        at
sun.security.validator.SimpleValidator.buildTrustedChain(SimpleValidator.java:304)
        at
sun.security.validator.SimpleValidator.engineValidate(SimpleValidator.java:107)
        at sun.security.validator.Validator.validate(Validator.java:202)
        at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkServerTrusted(DashoA6275)
        at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.JsseX509TrustManager.checkServerTrusted(DashoA6275)
        ... 13 more