commons-user mailing list archives

From "Trenton D. Adams" <tre...@athabascau.ca>
Subject Re: abandoned connection removal and logging not working
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2005 19:02:39 GMT
I looked in the AbandonedObjectPool code and found the following.

        if (config != null
                 && config.getRemoveAbandoned()
                 && (getNumIdle() < 2)
                 && (getNumActive() > getMaxActive() - 3) ) {
             removeAbandoned();

So, I never came close to the abandoned connections being removed
because my max active was set to 20 or something, and I had only a
couple of dangling connections.  I thought this would be done in a
background thread, but I guess not.

--
Trenton D. Adams
Web Programmer Analyst