commons-user mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject [VFS] test cases using embeded server - was Moving out the sandbox ?
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2005 07:52:14 GMT
Gary Gregory wrote:

>I have not worked in VFS for a while now but I do recall that it was
>quite painful to be able to set up my PC to do unit tests for all file
>systems.
>IMO, there would need to be docs on how to test.

I plan to embed pure java server into the tests where possible. Thus one
do not have to setup an environment - except for smb tests.

I will start with this in the next two weeks.

I would like to try the following things:

tomcat-embeded: http/webdav
Everybody knows it ;-)

http://www.mycgiserver.com/~ranab/ftp: ftp
ftp-server using ASF 1.1 license. But maybe someone knows a alternative.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sshtools: sftp
LGPL - though I dont know a bit about this library and dont know if I
would have success with it. Again, if one knows another package ...

"pure java windows":smb
;-) a joke - but there exists an implementation called JLAN
http://starlasoft.com, but it is commercial.

---
Mario