commons-user mailing list archives

From "Trenton D. Adams" <tre...@athabascau.ca>
Subject dbcp configurations
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2005 23:03:28 GMT
That list search really kinda bytes.  It can't find anything.  I'm sure
that what I'm about to ask has been asked many times.

Ok, we have the configuration items at the following address...
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbcp/configuration.html

But, there's nothing telling me how to configure them.  The example jocl
configuration doesn't really say much.

See this...
----------------------
    <!--
       The next argument is the query to use to validate that a
Connection is
       still up and running.  It should return at least one row.
       This functionality is optional. We'll just set it to null.
     -->
    <string null="true"/>
    <!-- The default "read only" value for Connections. -->
    <boolean value="false"/>
    <!-- The default "auto commit" value for Connections. -->
    <boolean value="true"/>
----------------------

I don't see an SQL query there, yet the comment says there's a query to
validate the connection.

Further, I'm really confused by "<boolean value="false"/>"  what does
something like that do?  It's not associated with a configuration
parameter name or anything, how does that work?

There doesn't appear to be anywhere that tells me how to *glue*
everything together.  There's configuration item documentation, there's
an example jocl configuration, but nothing to tell me how I put one of
the configuration items into the config file.

All I'm trying to do is use a connection pool that supports removal and
tracing of abandoned connections.  Does anyone know how to get this working?

--
Trenton D. Adams
Web Programmer Analyst

__