commons-user mailing list archives

From Martin van den Bemt <mll...@mvdb.net>
Subject Re: Multiple broken Tomcat Linux daemon instances with jsvc?
Date Fri, 18 Feb 2005 11:36:02 GMT

Bernard wrote:
> Hi all,

> Tomcat servlet engine on the same machine with the same pid file. Is
> this an intended behavior?

Don't know much atbout jsvc, but based on what you write above I suspect
that ps is showing up lots of tomcat threads (which is normal, at least
under linux), which of course run under the same pid...
If you actually have more different pids tomcat could be started twice,
but normally would fail because the port is in use...

Hope this helps :)

Mvgr,
Martin